Monday, July 22, 2013

Price tip: "Compacts and Cosmetics", by Madeleine Marsh (ebook)

One book I have been wanting to read for a long time is Compacts and Cosmetics: Beauty From Victorian Times to the Present Day, which I first heard of through Lisa Eldrigde. I haven’t finished it yet, but since I’m really enjoying the reading I thought I’d share the opportunity with you.


Amazon is selling the e-book version (for Kindle, but you can download the app for your smartphone or Mac/Windows computer) for the incredible price of US$0.88. That’s it.
You can click the title of the book (linked to Amazon website) and enjoy yourself. The book has many pictures of vintage packagings and ads as well. Anyway, I’ll leave the comments to when I decide to properly write about it.
***
By the way, I’m feeling more and more excited about discovering the world of vintage fashion and cosmetics, especially the establishing of stores and brands. Do you have any recommendations on books or movies about the subject? I’ve devoured Mr. Selfridge and The Paradise (BBC series) and have the Émile Zola book waiting to be read, but don’t know what else is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment